Let’s monkey around! Fun and zany, our new “Monkeyin’ Around” baby shower decorating theme is full of bright, bold colors such as jungle green, tropical teal, and banana yellow; but don’t overlook the great designs that are meant to express your (and your little one’s) wild side! No two monkeys are ever alike, so your shower shouldn't be the same ol', same ol' either. Add some of our great solid-colored party supplies to the themed items to create your own unique decor!
Monkeyin' Around Baby Shower Decorations, Supplies, and Party Ideas
Need some help decorating or planning shower games? Try these ideas from our professional party planners:
- Plant some bamboo stalks in flower pots, then add strings of white lights and place them around your event space to create the dreamy jungle look. Further set the mood by adding background sounds with a cd of rain forest sound effects. Ever been to a baby shower that had all this going on? Neither have your guests!
- Our Jungle Animal 15" foil balloons make a dramatic statement when planted in the center of jungle ferns on your tables; or place our Jungle Animal 33” helium foil balloons, with matching solid-color latex balloons, in the corners of your venue to add fullness and height to your decorating scheme.
- Banana leaves placed down the center of your table, adorned with our Coconut Shell Candles, make a great table runner and are inexpensive too!
- Time for some “Monkeying Around”! Most monkeys can do just about anything with their hands above their heads, now let’s see how well your party guests do! Try this game and find out who the true monkey is in the crowd. Each guest is provided a pencil and a small pad of paper. Set three minutes on a timer, and see who can draw the best portrait of the Mommy-to-be. But wait! They must do so with the pad of paper on top of their heads! Let Mom choose the winner, and award a small prize.
- See what wild creature your guests can come up with in this hiliarous game - write out every wild jungle creature you can think of on separate scraps of paper. Put the animal names in a bowl, then have each guest draw two animal names. Once every guest has drawn their animals, ask them to picture what the offspring of their two animals might look like. Set a timer for 2 minutes and have them draw a picture of their new, imaginary, wild baby creature. You will be amazed at what wild creatures people can come up with!
Finally don't forget to send your guests home with a special token of your appreciation from this celebration. A great way to say "Thank You!" is with one of our popular jungle-themed favors; such as the Jungle Critters Placecard Frame (great for holding a photo too!), or our practical Jungle Critters Votive Candle Holders.