"Cute and Curious" Shower SuppliesThere is just so much for a little monkey to see and do! Our Cute and Curious baby shower party supplies featuring that curious little monkey, Curious George, are designed to reflect the curious nature of little kids and all the wonder that the world brings to them. The soft neutral shades of pastel green, soft yellow and milk chocolate brown, along with fun pattern designs like polka dots and stripes make it a fitting design for a shower for a girl, boy, or gender-unknown celebration.
Created in 1941 by Hans Augusto and Margret Ray, Curious George is now a character beloved by children all over the world!
Curious George Cute and Curious baby shower ideas and party tips:
What a good little monkey! Our Cute and Curious George party supplies are so delightful – with soft muted shades of yellow, green and brown, cute polka dots and sweet stripes and scenes depicting that curious little monkey getting into all kinds of monkey mischief! Through books, television and the movies, adults and children alike have come to know and love Curious George. For an expectant mom that grew up with Curious George, a Cute and Curious baby shower would be the perfect theme choice!
Baby shower decorations don't have to be fussy or fancy; quite the opposite, in fact. The Cute and Curious pattern is simple and sweet, so keep this in mind when planning your room décor. Think soft, muted and understated. For small showers, often all you need to do is decorate the buffet table.
Some simple ideas to consider:
- Cover your main food table with the Cute and Curious table cover. You can use the Cute and Curious Centerpiece, or create a centerpiece of your own. Simply arranged small vases of fresh flowers are always appreciated; white daisies, yellow tulips or roses would be a nice choice. A Curious George or monkey stuffed animal holding a simple balloon in this little hand would be a sweet touch to your table.
- Attach the Cute and Curious Welcome Little One banner across the front of the buffet table. You can tether simple balloon bouquets to either end using butter yellow, soft green, white and chocolate brown balloons. Cascade tendrils of curling ribbon from the balloons.
- Purchase a metal bucket painted in a color that coordinates with the Cute and Curious theme. (If you can't find a painted one, purchase a galvanized metal one and paint it yourself.) You will be using this bucket to place utensils in, so choose a bucket size accordingly. Bundle together a set of silverware (fork, knife and spoon), wrapped in a napkin and tie together with a ribbon in a color that coordinates with the Cute and Curious theme as well.
- Assemble your food items on decorative platters or in bowls and arrange on the buffet. Place the Curious Little Monkey dinner plates and luncheon napkins out near your utensil bucket.
- Place the Cute and Curious dessert plates near the cake and the Cute and Curious beverage napkins and cups near the punch bowl. If table space allows, you could also set out a small flower arrangement or stuffed monkey/balloon combination near the cake and punch bowl as well if they are not placed on the main buffet table.
For a morning or lunch time shower, plan a light brunch-style menu with foods that incorporate your Curious George Cute and Curious theme. We suggest:
- Tropical fruit skewers made with mango, papaya, pineapple and banana slices (or any other fruit you like)
- Scrambled eggs
- Sliced cooked bacon or ham, or link sausage
- Sliced banana bread or banana nut muffins
- Monkey bread
- 2 (7.5 ounce) packages refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
How to make:
Cut each biscuit into quarters. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Dip biscuits in butter, and then roll in sugar mixture. Layer half the biscuits in a 10 inch fluted pan; sprinkle with half the nuts. Repeat layers. Pour syrup over top. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Makes 16 servings.
Offer your guests a variety of beverage selections to choose from. Depending on their tastes, try and offer something for everyone.
- Freshly brewed hot coffee served with alongside half-n-half, sugar, and sugar substitutes, like Splenda, or Equal.
- Carafe of hot water with an assortment of teas
- Pitcher of ice water or bottled water on ice
- A fresh fruit smoothie - our Pineapple Banana version is light and refreshing!
- 16 ice cubes
- 1 fresh pineapple - peeled, cored and cubed
- 4 large banana, cut into chunks
- 4 cups pineapple or apple juice
How to make:
Place the ice cubes, pineapple, banana and juice into a blender. Puree on high until smooth. Serve to your guests in martini glasses! (In a pinch you can use canned pineapple. Also, be sure to have all your pineapple pre-cut so that you can quickly make additional smoothie batches as necessary).
- A simple punch that will color-coordinate with the green color in the Curious George Cute and Curious party ware.
- Lime sherbet
- Two 2-liters 7-Up, Sprite or ginger ale, well chilled
Simply pour your chilled 2-liter pop in a punch bowl and float scoops of lime sherbet on top!
Simple games to keep guests entertained:
Games are always fun and they keep guests entertained while the mommy-to-be opens her presents. Our game idea can be played in-between each present that is opened. Decide how many prizes you would like to award your guests. Prizes do not have to be elaborate, just something you think the guests would enjoy; a cute notepad and pen, a box of chocolates, a small potted houseplant or scented hand cream. Have a small bowl filled with special 'awards' you've created ahead of time. In-between each gift opening, draw out an award and figure out who the winner is. This will keep the guests entertained and involved while the mom opens all her gifts.
- Some examples to get you started:
- The person who traveled the furthest to get to the shower
- The person who's birthday is closest to the due date
- The mom who's had the most children
- The mom who most recently had a baby
Your guests will love to be surprised when they win a special prize!
Send each parting guest home with a small treat as a token of appreciation for attending the shower. Our green organza favor bags
are the perfect size to fill with an assortment of candies. Banana shaped candies would be a fun theme-related item, but you could also insert a pretty glass votive holder and votive candle for something more substantial.