B is for Baby and Backyard Baby Shower!
Our B is for Baby shower theme is so fresh, fun, and fantastically neutral that it's absolutely perfect for mommies-to-be who wish to keep their baby's gender a secret! Featuring country garden scenes, the party supplies in the B is for Baby theme lends itself to hosting the perfect backyard baby shower on your patio!
Our party planners have come up with some great garden themed ideas to help plan a unique and wonderful event that will leave your guests "buzzing" with delight for days afterward.
Garden party baby shower invitations tips:
On the B is for Baby garden party invitations be sure to indicate on the shower invitation the choice for your outdoor venue. A suggestion for the wording on the invitation is to write on the invitation's "Place" section: (Hostess name's) outdoor patio. If the mom-to-be is registered at a department store, be sure to include that information on the invitation itself or on a separate slip of paper inserted into the envelope.
Set the ambiance for one fabulous garden party baby shower!
You don't need an enormous lawn with space for furniture. A small patio, city backyard, or any outdoor space with room for chairs and a group of people can be a perfect garden party baby shower setting. Ambiance plays a major role in the success of any party and we’ve come up with a few useful tips to to make your garden baby shower gathering memorable, courtesy of the entertaining experts here at Baby Shower Decorations:
- Like any good party planner you should consider the possibility of rain and have an alternative space inside to move the party to, if necessary!
- Deck out the area for your guests. For a garden party held in the day, create a shaded area for guests to retreat from the sun. A small pail or flower pot with a few bottles of sunscreen is also a nice touch. For an evening affair, add outdoor lights to a fence, porch beam or even over the shrubs to create ambiance.
- If you will be hosting an elegant sit down dining event, it’s a fun idea to bring your dining table to the patio if it is large enough to accommodate the guests in attendance. Set the table with all of the B is for Baby shower coordinating table ware. A large bunch of fresh cut wildflowers purchased from your local florist will be all you need for a centerpiece.
- A more casual shower event won’t necessarily require a dining table so we suggest arranging chairs into a u-shaped fashion to encourage easy conversation amongst guests.
- Tend to the yard by making sure the lawn is well manicured and the weeds are pulled.
- Hanging baskets, planters and flowerpots are an instant eye-pleaser that adds an extra element to the spring colors featured in the B is for Baby shower décor. The potted plants will last for months after the shower is over, making them well worth the money spent!
- Since you will be outdoors, be prepared for the arrival of garden pests. Citronella candles are good at keeping the bugs away.
Details for utilizing the B is for Baby themed party décor
Hang one of our 5' long garden theme baby shower banners
on a fence, gate or side of the house and set your buffet table under the banner if possible. Since the banners come in a value package of two, we suggest hanging the other banner at the entrance to your baby shower event, near the front yard.
Sprinkle the B is for Baby shower garden cutouts
that feature whimsical insects of ladybugs, bees and butterflies, along with some fresh daisies, into a path for guests to follow to the backyard.
Another fun idea for backyard baby shower décor is to stuff B is for Baby shower garden lawn signyard signs
into flower beds and patio pots.
Extra special decorations for an extra special touch
After you have utilized the B is for Baby themed baby shower decorations all you need to round out your garden party baby shower is an extra special decorating element to provide the "wow" factor! Here are a few of our favorite suggestions:
- Using wood clothes pins, hang gender neutral outfits of various sizes, onesies and baby socks from a laundry clothes line that the mom-to be can take home when the baby shower is over.
- Instead of using a gift table, stack the gifts in a stroller, crib or changing table for decoration.
- Purchase a practical centerpiece for the buffet table like the Yellow Gerbera Daisies Diaper Cake that mom-to-be will put to good use when the new baby has arrived!
Fresh garden party food is perfect for a warm sunny day!
A buffet-style food station is perfect for a casual backyard baby shower. Dress the food table in our light yellow table cover that coordinates with the B is for Baby party supplies. Arrange utensils into brand new cleaned terra cotta flower pots and tie a bow around the middle of the pot.
Put out a variety of simple serve yourself appetizers such as a vegetable tray, fruit tray, cheese and crackers, pickle and olive tray, deviled eggs and mini croissant sandwiches. Remember to keep food covered and set it out in a shady covered area.
To make it easier on you, limit the types of drinks served and always include a non-alcoholic beverage. If the mom-to-be doesn’t have a drink preference, we suggest serving some fresh squeezed lemonade or home brewed iced tea along with a well chilled white wine choice.
Sweet ideas for garden party favors!
Guests like to know they are appreciated and a great way to say thank you for attending the garden party shower is to send each guest home with a keepsake favor. A nice party favor that ties into the garden theme is a flower seed sachet packed into our ladybug favor bag
and tied off with a nice white ribbon.